Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why Movie Sales Are Plummeting

Hollywood and the retailers often complain about how DVD sales are falling. They blame piracy, Netflix, RedBox, you name it.

I know from my experience, I use Netflix and the public library to watch a movie before deciding if I want to buy it.

I am sure many people are in a holding pattern now because of Blu-Ray (if you ask me, though, HD-DVD should have won that fight.) When prices come down on Blu-Ray players and movies, people might be more motivated to buy again.

But could it be that Hollywood has a hard time making a movie that's worth paying for? Now, I love me some movies. But it's so hard to find movies that are worth watching any more because of gratuitous sex, homosexuality, crude humor, Christian bashing, anti-capitalistic messages, and so forth. You know what I'm talking about.

I use the daylights out of Netflix. Thank God I'm not paying much per movie. Most of them aren't worth watching a second time. If it is, I buy it. I bought The Dark Knight because it was a good movie. I bought Transformers and Iron Man, too. I'm not going to bother buying Transformers 2 because the movie sucked. Star Trek was good but as someone who grew up on the old series, I didn't see it worth paying for.

Are you buying as many movies or going to see them in the theater? What do you think of the stuff coming out of Hollywood these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment