Thursday, September 10, 2009

Even Pravda Believes We Are Heading Down

Stanislav Mishin writes an editorial in Pravda giving his view of how far America has fallen and where we are headed. I can't say I disagree. I do, however, have to pick a few points:


  • He says the American people are passive. He must be watching ABC, CBS, NBC or CNN because if he was paying attention to other outlets he would know there is a lot of opposition going on in the U.S. Many people are not happy and are taking action.

  • The American education system is politicized, substandard and based on pop culture. I can agree there is a lot of politics but I have to disagree about the other two points. We have a fantastic education system despite its warts. He makes a charge against the education system and tries to support it by saying Americans know more about their favorite shows than what goes on in DC. I think that is disingenuous.

  • The churches are destroyed. if you're watching the mainstream mess -- I mean, press -- I can see how you can get that idea. It likes to focus on the churches that have gone haywire. However, most of the churches remain focused on their primary mission -- saving souls.



I can't say the article is all bad. Like I said, I can't say I disagree with it.


  • The final straw came with the election of Barack Obama. Obama has shown himself to be a tax and spend liberal, even to the left of Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy.

  • The tax system is getting overhauled by the people who used it to scheme money from the American taxpayers. Would that be Congress? He doesn't think so since he says they aren't raising a fuss. Maybe it's the czars?

  • In the land of free markets, the president has given himself the power to fire the CEO of a private company. Damn, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

  • The Treasury is drafting guidelines to set "fair" maximum salaries. Right now that is aimed at companies that took money from the bailout funds but later that will be extended to other companies as well. Ever heard of a slippery slope? We're standing at the top of one right now.



His editorial can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment