Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Congresswoman Calls for Investigation Into Protesters

It would be a liberal, of course. Maxine Waters, D-CA, says she wants protesters on the Mall in Washington, D.C., and at town halls to be interviewed by the journalists about their views.

"I want those people talked to; I want them interviewed," Waters told the liberal Bill Press Radio show in a podcast. "I want journalists to be all over those rallies and the marches with the birthers and the teabaggers."

"What I'm looking for is the very people who carry the signs who are referring to the policies in very, very strange ways like 'Obamacare' and 'Barry Obamacare with Kennedy,'" she said. "What I've been interested in is hearing from those people that everybody's referring to -- everybody on the Mall, in the rally."

This kind of scares me, especially after the dim view the Obama administration gave of conservatives in a DHS memo about "right wing terrorism." (PDF)

But if you want to know what people think, it's easy enough to go out and ask yourself. Protesters have been wanting to reach people in Washington that will actually listen.

The original article can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. I was actually a little tickled when my former governors(Janet Napolitano) new office released that report and all my brothers from the U.S.M.C. & I were now suspected of being prime recruits for terrorist organizations. Are you a military vet too Bill? How did that report make you feel? After the tickling, I was kind of sad and more determined to get into local politics and work for change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Rogers,

    I was ticked off when I first read the report. I am conservative (obvious, huh?) and an 8-year Army vet.

    Thanks for reading. I'm always open for comments.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete